How To Block Adverts In MSN/Live Messenger
Ever since the ads at the footer of msn messenger’s main window started doing the shit “become really massive annoying fuckstains when you mouse over them” thing, they’ve been a bit too intrusive. Sure, stick adverts down there, be my guest, but when they suddenly jump out at you as you’re just going about your daily mouse cursor-based business, it’s all a bit much.
Today I decided enough was enough, and found how to block them:
- Go to Control Panel (from the Start Menu)
- Click on Internet Options
- Click into the Security tab, along the top
- Click the Restricted Sites icon
- Click the Sites button just below that
- Enter rad.msn.com in the box at the top*, click Add
- Click Close
- Click OK
Hoorah! Ads should now be gone*. May need to logout and back in to msn to clear out the current ad, mind.
*O hi again. If there are still ads coming through, try adding these in to the Restricted Sites too:
Information discovered on, and borrowed from, this place.