Ever since the ads at the footer of msn messenger’s main window started doing the shit “become really massive annoying fuckstains when you mouse over them” thing, they’ve been a bit too intrusive. Sure, stick adverts down there, be my guest, but when they suddenly jump out at you as you’re just going about your daily mouse cursor-based business, it’s all a bit much.
Today I decided enough was enough, and found how to block them:
- Go to Control Panel (from the Start Menu)
- Click on Internet Options
- Click into the Security tab, along the top
- Click the Restricted Sites icon
- Click the Sites button just below that
- Enter rad.msn.com in the box at the top*, click Add
- Click Close
- Click OK
Hoorah! Ads should now be gone*. May need to logout and back in to msn to clear out the current ad, mind.
*O hi again. If there are still ads coming through, try adding these in to the Restricted Sites too:
Information discovered on, and borrowed from, this place.